Can't make it in to the shop? Give one of our many podcasts a listen:
Adventures Underground is seeking a full-time Children's Buyer. $12/Hour. We are looking for a mature, creative, and self-motivated individual to continue to develop our children's department.
- Ordering new children's toys and accessories
- Evaluating trade-in of used items to establish offers of store credit
- Meeting fiscal expectations of budgets and departmental growth
- Data entry of product, including price, condition, and catalogue
- Merchandising of product, including display, organization, promotional events
- General cashiering, customer service, and light cleaning
- Training other staff in departmental specifics
- Knowledge of and interest in a variety of children's toys and books
- Ability and desire to keep up to date with new releases and trends
- A congenial attitude toward customers and co-workers
- Basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, by phone and email, in person, and computer keyboard
- Reliable transportation
- Age 18+
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and frequently twist or bend at the waist
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and interpret websites, email, order forms, packing slips, etc.
- Willingness to confront disruptive or law-breaking patrons
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter to:
1391 George Washington Way
Richland, WA 99354
Our shopping cart is not available yet, but you can send inquiries from each item page. We'll be working on formatting and content in the days to come, as well as getting certain pages available.
Thank you to everyone for your patience and support over the last few years while we have gotten the site to this point.